On 12 July 1976 Lightship Huron (LV-103) was added to the National Register for Historic Places
On 30 June 1934, USCGC Electra was launched at the Manitowoc Shipbuilding Company, Manitowoc, Wisconsin. After a year of Coast Guard service, she was acquired by the USN to become President Roosevelt's presidential yacht. As such she was renamed USS Potomac on January 30, 1936 and is now a museum ship in Oakland, CA
15 years ago today, on 21 June 2006 ice breaker USCGC Mackinaw (WAGB-83) moved under its own power from Cheboygan (where she was decommissioned on 10 June 2006), to Mackinaw City, MI, where she now serves as a museum ship known as Icebreaker Mackinaw Maritime Museum
On 13 June 1936 sail training ship Horst Wessel was launched at Blohm & Voss in Hamburg, Germany. At the end of WWII she was won by the United States in a drawing of lots with the Soviet and British navies as war reparations, requested by the United States Coast Guard Academy's Superintendent, and became the USCGC Eagle (WIX-327).
United States Coast Guard Barque Eagle, New London, CT
On 3 June 1936 High Endurance Cutter USCGC Taney WHEC-37 was launched at Philadelphia Naval Shipyard, sponsored by Miss Corinne F. Taney.