headerpic

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the MuseumShips forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old hand new faces

Old hand new faces 1 month 4 days ago #1301

Good evening all

Many of you will know me I'm quite active on the facebook, so I thought I would start off with a little about me and my interests, so first up my career I do sometimes get asked about it so might as well put it here.

From 2003-2006 I was in the Merchant Navy as deck crew, the ship I was on ended up being S.T.U.F.T by the MOD, we were assigned to work with the RFA and headed to the Persian Gulf to assist in Operation Iraqi Freedom, During my time in the Merchant Navy I got a lot of travelling done especially Northern Europe, Middle East and Africa.

In 2006 I was made redundant and ended up having a career change into the road transport industry I spent time as a driver then moved into management in 2011, the company I worked for moved and supplied transport solutions for the UK military mainly the Royal Navy and RFA as well as our NATO partners specifically the navies, I left the role in 2018 and moved to Canada where I currently work in bulk freight movements operating as a transport & logistics manager.

I love ships and submarines, I have spent a lot of time dealing with many different naval forces around the world, I have had the privilege to go on many different warships, auxiliaries and submarines in my time, I have been a guest of the Russian Submarine Veterans club and I am a member of the association.
I have spent a lot of my time researching the Russian navy specifically the cold war period and up to modern day, Given my previous career I had been party to many exercises and war game planning which helped my research a lot.

I have written articles for many different publications, and enjoy writing about my interests, If you have any questions feel free to ask.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yeoman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Old hand new faces 1 month 2 days ago #1302

Thanks for joining Kapitan, welcome aboard.
As you can tell, it is not very busy here yet, hopefully one day!

Pim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.759 seconds